Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget but too small to be their own post.

My friend Lisa posted this on Facebook and I laughed... hard! Today I accompanied 1 of my colleagues as she took a client to see several new construction communities. It was really educational for me to learn about the different builders/developers and to see the variation in HOA fees and what they cover. Good info!

Yesterday a bill was introduced in DE that would grant legal 'civil union' status to same sex couples. (Opposite sex couples would not be eligible since they can get married.) The civil union bill status would give the exact same rights and privileges as marriage, but since so many people are against using the word "marriage" for gays and lesbians, the term "civil union" is being used. Although I prefer full "marriage" equality, I believe that this civil union bill could be a stepping stone toward eventual "marriage" for GLBT Delawareans.

No comments: