Thursday, August 11, 2005

Weight loss tip # 127

Eat at Subway.

If you're like me, you can do a half-way decent job sticking to your diet when you're at home. You can fill your fridge with fresh fruit and cram your cupboards with crackers and cookies (the low-fat ones of course). Yes all those little tricks that work about half the time when you're at home. But eventually you have to leave the house.

I've found it most vexing to really want to stay on my diet at lunch time, but find no reasonable lunch options. Then I tried Subway.

At Subway you can get a 6 inch sub on any one of about 97 choices of breads, with at least 382 different toppings. You could eat lunch there every day for 18 years and never have the exact same sandwich twice. After all, variety IS the spice of life.

Plus, many are very sensible for the weight-conscious. First off, they don't give you a whole hell-of-a-lot of meat or cheese, so there's just so many calories and grams of fat you can get from bread and veggies. But I've found the sandwiches to be just the right amount of food so I don't leave there feeling stuffed and sleepy when I need to get back to work.

And here's the REALLY important thing for me: the veggies are fresh and are not treated with any chemicals to make them look fresh when they aren't. One of the reasons I am unable to eat those 'healthy alternative' salads at fast food restaurants is because most of them use chemicals to make the veggies look fresh, but give me stomach cramps and diarrhea. Yeah. Not fun when you've eaten that for lunch and then have to go back to work for the rest of the afternoon. But Subway's veggies are not treated with any of those chemicals, so I can have them pile on all the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers - you name it - onto my sub and not feel bad later.

And if that weren't enough, the Subway near my office gives you a little stamp for your card, so that after purchasing 8 6-inch subs, you get one free. How do you like that? A bargain that helps you stay on your diet!

Stay tuned for more weight loss tips...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog hope you dont mind me bookmarking you!

I have a free weight loss plan site. It pretty much covers free weight loss plan related stuff. have a look you can bookmark mine if you find it useful

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------