Monday, June 20, 2005

Perfection...

...is how I would describe Saturday's weather. Pure perfection.

Joe & I were at the beach this past weekend and had the pleasure of enjoying the mild temperature, gentle breeze, sunny skies, and zero humidity. It was one of those days that was so gorgeous you actually stopped to notice how beautiful it was and you savored it, knowing that in a few weeks things will be much different.

We saw several dolphins not far from shore in the Cape Henlopen State Park beach, as Joe sat in his beach chair listening to CDs with his headphones, while I read page after page of the 'Letters from Camp Rehoboth' magazine. Occasionally I'd look up to see the dolphins, or the other 'scenary' walking by.

Although the water a bit on the 'chilly' side, I decided to get in anyway. It was fun and exhilerating! Oh, okay - I had to pee, too.

I thought to myself 'Its gorgeous enough for two days today', which was a good thing, since Sunday it was mostly overcast and about 5 degrees cooler. But it was a great weekend to be at the beach.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Finally, thank you for piercing the veil of secrecy about peeing in the ocean. Everyone does it, but no one admits it.