Monday, April 01, 2019

Yumminess

Over the weekend Steven & Thad and Spouse & I had dinner at Iron Hill Brewery, which has become one of my favorite places.  The crowd is our age or younger, the staff is a mix of hipsters and regular folks, and the food is really good.  They have a 'scratch kitchen' which means they make all the food, rather than getting food from huge suppliers that is microwaved or dressed with a sauce or something.

Iron Hill brews their own beers so I decided to have a couple (free) samples that sounded good, then selected one to have with dinner.
I started with their soup of the day which was roasted poblano soup.  It was creamy and delicious!
For my entree I ordered what is actually an appetizer, but was the perfect accompaniment to the soup, the Thai chicken lettuce wraps.  The chicken was nicely seasoned with hints of lemongrass, and the spicy peanut sauce had a really nice after burn.  It was really good!

I'm eager to go back and do it again!

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

we have one in north wales, but I have never been there.