Friday, December 15, 2017

Behind


No, not THAT behind...

I am behind on my Christmas cards!

Its not because I hadn't purchased the cards or didn't have stamps.  I've had the cards since a few days after Christmas last year when I bought them for 70% off, and I've had the Christmas stamps and the Christmas return address labels for weeks.  The trouble has been time.

I like to start the cards the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I worked both Sat & Sun after Thanksgiving.  So I thought I'd start on my next day off, Thurs the 30th.  But I spent that day getting ready for our tree trimming party on Sun the 3rd.  Then I thought I'd start them on my next day off, Thurs the 7th, which was my birthday.  But that day was spent with a plumber and an appliance repairman getting our kitchen sink and oven fixed.

I finally started the cards on Mon the 11th, which is dreadfully late for someone who hand writes and hand addresses about 125 cards.  I managed to get 40 cards in the mail, which sounds like a lot, but is actually only 1/4 of them.  But I'll have several hours of quiet time to work on cards tomorrow when I'm sitting at our little kiosk office which never gets any walk-ins.  Hopefully I'll get another 40 or so done, and then can complete the remainder this Sun.

I really do enjoy writing/sending the cards, otherwise I wouldn't do it, but this year I've had several unexpected delays.

4 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

I could stare that THAT behind for hours!

Ur-spo said...

Good for you for sending any cards!
It is a charming - and still appreciated - past time.

Bob said...

Dear gawd!

Fearsome Beard said...

I’d tap that.