Friday, November 10, 2017

Miss Jackson if you're nasty

Today Spouse & I are going to Atlantic City with Steven & Thad to see Janet Jackson in concert tonight!  We're staying overnight so we can spend some time in Atlantic City too, since Spouse & I have never been there.

I have always enjoyed her music and videos, dating back to the release of her epic album "Control" in 1986.  I remember playing it over and over again at peak volume in the cassette player of my Honda Accord.  (Yes, I'm old.)  I knew all the words to the album's hits like "What Have You Done For Me Lately?", "Control", "Nasty", "When I Think Of You", "Pleasure Principle" and "Let's Wait Awhile".

Then came "Rhythm Nation 1814" in 1989 with its hits "Rhythm Nation", "Alright", "Escapade", "Come Back To Me", "Miss You Much", and "Love Will Never Do (Without You)".  Yes, I also attempted to learn some of the legendary choreography but let's just say that I can sing a LOT better than I can dance.

Since Janet hasn't released an album recently, I'm really hoping she'll do many (if not all) of her hit songs.  Regardless, I'm sure the 4 of us will have a great time!  Look for a full report on Mon.

2 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Enjoy!!!! That should be a hell of a show.

anne marie in philly said...

so how was the concert? inquiring minds wanna know...