Friday, April 07, 2017

Ooops I did it again

I have not gone bowling since I've known Spouse, so that's over 20 years. 

I belong to a real estate association that decided to host a bowling outing.  They advertised prizes for the highest team score and for the best team outfit.  Initially I scoffed this off, but gave it a 2nd thought when my friend Joey asked me to be on his team of 5.  

It turned out that no one on our team had much experience bowling so we were pretty sure we weren't going to win the highest team score.  But our bowling inexperience would have no effect on our creativity, so we decided to focus on the team outfit.

After a few mediocre ideas for our team name/theme, I remembered an episode of Modern Family where Mitchell & Cameron bowled with or against a team called Britney Spares so I tossed that out to the group.  Imagining the costume possibilities, we immediately adopted Team Britney Spares as our name and outfit theme.

At first we thought each of us would take a different Britney look, but soon realized most of them were too skimpy for our group to be seen wearing in a bowling alley.  So, we decided all 5 of us would wear the same Britney look:

Hats off to Joey's 2 assistants who did all the purchasing of pieces on Amazon and at a local teen girl store.  Here's what we came up with:
Can you find me??
And on the back of our cardigans you can see our team name:
Click the photo to expand it
Yes, we're wearing fake headsets.  We took it that far.

When the person entered our names to display our scores, they entered them as Britney Joey, Britney Mark, etc.  This prompted us to refer to each other by these names all night long.

"Britney Joey - you're up!"

And each time 1 of us got a spare, we'd high-five each other and yell "He got a Britney Spare!!!"

We had our photo taken by lots of our friends and colleagues which added to the fun.

 Needless to say we took the prize for best team outfit, but more importantly we had a super fun time.

Our bowling was okay.  4 out of 5 of us broke 100 points, but again, the intent was to have a good time.

The next day my right hand and forearm were aching, even though I only used an 8 lb ball.  I guess it was a case of using muscles in a different way than usual.  But it was my day off so I didn't have to do much typing.  800 mg of Ibuprofen took care of it for the most part.

6 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

second from the right; all y'all look so cute!

Mistress Maddie said...

That is too funny! Maybe you'll become a drag queen soon!?!?!?

Ur-spo said...

this is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

This is too funny! What a hoot! Sounds like too much fun!

Take care,
Calvin

Fearsome Beard said...

If you can't have fun, why have at all.
FABULOUS!

Biki Honko said...

Lovely! Sounds like your team had the right idea, bowling for fun, rather than competition!