Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Weight loss update

Its been a while since I've mentioned my continued efforts toward weight loss using the Fit for Life eating plan.  Despite going off the plan twice last week (Tim & Randy's wedding and Mother's Day) I did not gain any weight.  I didn't lose any last week, but I didn't gain any either which I feel to be a victory.  My total weight loss to date is 32 lbs in a little over 4 months.  I have 8 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight.

My Fit for Life eating plan involves eating vegetables with either a carb or a protein (but not both) at lunch and at dinner everyday.  If you grab a calculator and do the math, that means I eat a LOT of vegetables.  So I'm always looking for ways to season and flavor them so they don't taste the same.

Recently I made myself a Green Pizza.  Using a pre-made personal size pizza crust, I spread on some Trader Joe's green curry sauce, steamed broccoli florets, salt and pepper, and topped it with some low-fat mozzarella and stuck it in the convection oven for about 5 minutes.  Here's what it looked like:
Green Pizza
Oh my god was it good!!!  Kudos to Trader Joe's for all their delicious jarred sauces.

I've also made a different version of pizza using buffalo wing sauce, steamed carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli and mozzarella.  That was good too.  And of course I've made the traditional veggie pizza with marinara sauce, Italian herbs, steamed carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli, kalamata olives and mozzarella - also very good.

Eating lots of vegetables doesn't have to be boring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your weight loss!! You'll reach your goal in no time.

Take care,
Calvin

Biki Honko said...

WOW! You're motoring right along with the weight loss plan!

Have you tried dashi stock? It has a light sea flavor and is delicious enough to drink. I cook veggies in it, make tofu stew with it, and a breakfast soup.

http://justhungry.com/handbook/cooking-courses/japanese-cooking-101-lesson-1-its-all-about-dashi