Monday, February 03, 2014

Polar Bear Plunge recap

When I got home from work on Sat Kerry & Hugh, Kelly, Ana, Bob & Harriet had arrived.  We hung out for a while and talked, then went to dinner at JD's Cafe.  Everyone enjoyed their meals.  I had lobster and shrimp Thai curry - yum!  Afterward Alison, Gabe, and Antonio arrived.  Yep, we had 9 folks stay overnight with us for the Polar Bear Plunge.

Sun morning we had bagels, donuts, coffee and juice for breakfast, then headed to Rehoboth Beach for the Plunge.  Fortunately for everyone, we had a veritable heat wave and the temperature rose to 54 degrees.  There were over 3,200 registered Plungers who raised over $725,000 for the Special Olympics of DE.  So while the Plungers did their thing I filmed the event with Kerry's DVD camera and Spouse held Marvin.  I would share the video I took but I have not gotten a copy of it from Kerry yet.
My friends Carlos & Peter
When we returned to the house the Plungers took showers and packed up their stuff before the lot of us had a late lunch at Irish Eyes.  Then as quickly as they arrived, the group was headed back home to VA by 4pm.  It was a short but fun visit.

A little later that evening we went to Joe P's for a Super Bowl party.  None of us cared about the teams playing, and some of us didn't care about football in general, but we all went for the camaraderie and food.  Let's face it - it was an excuse to eat and drink booze on a school night.  We had a good time.

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

speaking of bears - woof!

y'all lucked out with 54F, but I bet the ocean temps were 20 degrees colder than that.

brave friends you have; I would never do that.

MAC said...

GRRR! Love the pic!

Sounds like a fun weekend. Hubby and I watched the season finale of American Horror Story Super Bowl night. ;-)