Friday, March 02, 2012

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.  

Spouse's mom's test showed no blockage, which was both good news and bad news.  It was good news in that she didn't need bypass surgery, but it was bad news because they had to do more tests to figure out what was wrong.  Apparently a virus has weakened her heart and caused the shortness of breath.  She was released from the hospital on Tues (and Spouse came home that night) and they're now treating her with medication.  She's already getting back to her routine of senior citizen activities.

I saw this article and it warmed my heart.  A smart guy figured out a way to change his life and the life of 30 other people.  Can you imagine how awesome that must feel?

I saw this on facebook and had to share it.

Same with this.

And this.

I don't ask much of you dear readers, just an occasional comment and your undying loyalty.  But at this time I feel compelled to ask you to watch a fascinating series called "United States of Tara".  Its a Showtime original series but you can get it on Netflix.  It is so f'ing good I just want everyone to see it.  Really.  Watch it, then you can thank me.

Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

BosGuy said...

Hmm.. with regards to your first photo from fb, I have to admit that I love beer and I love well, I won't be vulgar and I'll just say I like both of those things but unlike peanut butter and chocolate, I'm not sure if those are two great tastes that go great together.

anne marie in philly said...

just came in here to catch up and WHOA!

hope spouse's mom gets well soon!

a nice heartwarming good news story; more of that should happen here.

I'll pass on the drink, but I does like me some bears!

and the last one could apply to many redumblicans!

Jeff said...

Love the pics - esp. the last one!
Hope you and Joe are well and are having a good weekend!

PS: If this posts, it will be lucky. Those new word verification contraptions are a royal pain - I can never make them out...

cb said...

The beer sounds delightfully refreshing!